An Exploratory Study of Entrepreneurial Creativity: Its Antecedents and Mediators in the Context of UAE Firms
August 22, 2013 Editor 0
In this study, we attempt to advance our understanding of the role of entrepreneurial creativity in the context of firms in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Through field research accompanied by a review of the related literature, this study identifies crucial antecedents of entrepreneurial creativity. The proposed model combines variables belonging to different contextual factors such as external factors (resource access, resource possession, and alertness to opportunity) and individual factors (creative self-efficacy, expertise and intrinsic motivation). The model is tested using data from a large-scale survey of firms in the UAE. We find that expertise and creative self-efficacy is significantly related to entrepreneurial creativity. The results also reveal that intrinsic motivation and alertness to opportunity are the key mediators between contextual factors and entrepreneurial creativity. The findings of this study present some interesting practical implications to entrepreneurs in order to improve their creative skills.
- Women’s contribution to feeding the world and conserving biodiversity celebrated at Expo Milano 2015
- Placing your bets: Subsistence or Transformational Entrepreneurship
- Challenge Winners to Help Eradicate Polio Globally
- Blockbuster Becomes a Casualty of Big Bang Disruption
- You Don’t Know Where Your Company’s Going
- East Africa: New Android 4.3 First Smartphone OS to Natively Support Kiswahili
Strategies for the discovery and development of anti-diabetic drugs from the natural products of traditional medicines. Drug discovery inspired by mother nature: seeking natural biochemotypes and the natural assembly rules of the biochemome.
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021