An Exploratory Study of Entrepreneurial Creativity: Its Antecedents and Mediators in the Context of UAE Firms
August 22, 2013 Editor 0
In this study, we attempt to advance our understanding of the role of entrepreneurial creativity in the context of firms in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Through field research accompanied by a review of the related literature, this study identifies crucial antecedents of entrepreneurial creativity. The proposed model combines variables belonging to different contextual factors such as external factors (resource access, resource possession, and alertness to opportunity) and individual factors (creative self-efficacy, expertise and intrinsic motivation). The model is tested using data from a large-scale survey of firms in the UAE. We find that expertise and creative self-efficacy is significantly related to entrepreneurial creativity. The results also reveal that intrinsic motivation and alertness to opportunity are the key mediators between contextual factors and entrepreneurial creativity. The findings of this study present some interesting practical implications to entrepreneurs in order to improve their creative skills.
- From Highs to Lows – Africa has world’s greatest broadband price decreases in 2010
- Does Africa need to be in space?
- RIM wagers on Blackberry 10’s prevalence in Africa as it reports quarterly loss
- Nanowires help lithium ion batteries from cracking up
- There Is Such a Thing as Too Much Incentive for Entrepreneurs
- What’s the Connection Between Counting Squares and Innovation?
Strategies for the discovery and development of anti-diabetic drugs from the natural products of traditional medicines. Drug discovery inspired by mother nature: seeking natural biochemotypes and the natural assembly rules of the biochemome.
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020