Collaboration, the Engine of Open Innovation
August 14, 2013 Editor 0
The World Industrial Reporter website reports that historically there is a 20% success rate for new products and services. Approximately eight of every ten products sales fail or do not provide sustainable results for the company. As such a holistic open innovation process that includes the acquisition, development and commercialization of technologies is essential for a firm that wants to improve their innovation success rate. Roundtable discussions with colleagues highlight the power of open innovation and how it helps to decrease the time-to-market, and development and commercialization costs, while increasing the innovation budget. An open innovation model coupled with constant interaction with customers and technology providers can deliver superior return on innovation.
Click here to read the full article.
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- In pictures: the 2019 Africa RISING Tanzania monitoring visit August 30, 2019
- Active Internationalization of Software Enterprises: Scale Development and Validation August 30, 2019
- The Manager’s Guide to Leveraging Disruption August 30, 2019
- Key take-aways from a recent Africa RISING exchange visit in Ghana August 30, 2019
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019