Collaboration, the Engine of Open Innovation
August 14, 2013 Editor 0
The World Industrial Reporter website reports that historically there is a 20% success rate for new products and services. Approximately eight of every ten products sales fail or do not provide sustainable results for the company. As such a holistic open innovation process that includes the acquisition, development and commercialization of technologies is essential for a firm that wants to improve their innovation success rate. Roundtable discussions with colleagues highlight the power of open innovation and how it helps to decrease the time-to-market, and development and commercialization costs, while increasing the innovation budget. An open innovation model coupled with constant interaction with customers and technology providers can deliver superior return on innovation.
Click here to read the full article.
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018