Calling all mobile industry entrepreneurs
August 12, 2013 Editor 0
infoDev, a team within FPD, is committed to supporting promising entrepreneurs.
At infoDev, we’re fortunate to work with exciting technology startups in emerging and frontier markets every day. One of the questions we ask ourselves frequently is whether a startup team could achieve high-growth if it weren’t for the barriers they face that are specific to their local environments. These could include anything from a lack of experienced role-models and mentors, to inadequate early-stage financing, to challenging regulatory environments and the lack of an interconnected innovation ecosystem.
- A New ‘How-To’ Guide for Creating Angel Investor Groups for Emerging and Frontier Markets
- Inside the tech hub movement: In-depth lessons from a global mobile entrepreneurship initiative
- India, Malaysia share experiences how to support start-up SMEs
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level
- Six Things You Need to Know About Crowdfunding in Developing Countries
- A Global Challenge: Can We Achieve Financial Inclusion by 2020?
Categories: World Bank PSD
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019