Making Open Innovation Work in Mobile
August 7, 2013 Editor 0
The Deloitte University Press website posted an article which noted that a decade has passed since Henry Chesbrough, the Berkeley professor often considered the leading academic on Open Innovation (OI), laid the foundations for what many think is the dominant model in innovation strategy today. Since then, OI has allowed many companies from an increasingly wide variety of industries the chance to explore the advantages of cooperation and collaboration and kick-start their previously stagnant innovation process. Some of the best-known chip companies making significant moves in mobile are connected by a common thread—the use of open innovation strategies and tactics to gain leadership in new mobile markets. The article explores how and where select semiconductor companies have taken the standard OI playbook and have been able to evolve and shape-shift critical elements in order to lead innovation in mobile.
Click here to read the full article.
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018