Kenya: New Breed of Rice Raises Hopes for Domestic Rice Production
August 5, 2013 Editor 0
[ThinkAfricaPress]In Kenya’s bid to reduce its reliance on rice imports, a new strain that uses less water and has high nutritional value could prove significant.
Go to Source
- Conservation and utilization of African Oryza genetic resources.
- Uganda: Scientists Battle Striga (witchweed) in Uganda
- Optimization of hydrogen production from pretreated rice straw waste in a mesophilic up-flow anaerobic staged reactor
- Gene breakthrough could boost rice yields by 20 percent
- Plan to boost African rice R&D unveiled
- Ghana: Country Has Bright Future in Robotics Science – NASA Engineer
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018