Worldreader Kits: eBooks in a Box for Hungry Young Minds
July 25, 2013 Editor 0
Worldreader is one of my favorite organizations. They truly understand the needs of teachers and students in schools across Africa and work hard to bring relevant, engaging, and local content to students in the form of ebooks on Amazon Kindles.
But don’t think they’re just sending a set of Americentric novels. In addition to Western and North American reference material, Worldreader has Ghanaian and Kenyan storybooks, readers and novels across all age ranges; Ghanaian textbooks from primary to senior high school; and texts, storybooks and readers in Twi, Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kikuyu, Dhoulo. Check out their library here.
And don’t think you have to wait in vain for Worldreader to come to your favorite school or library. With the launch of Worldreader Kits, you can bring the power of reading to children you care about today.
Worldreader Kits contains e-readers for up to three classrooms loaded with local and international e-books, ruggedized cases, and lights. I’m really happy to see that Worldreader Kits also include comprehensive training program, manuals, quick start guide, launch planning tool, student reward kit, and community outreach guide to help local schools implement Worldreader programs anywhere. That’s a bargain for $10,000!
- Does a 40% breakage rate for Kindles in Africa matter?
- Factors influencing venture capital financing of real estate development in Ghana
- Tackling informal entrepreneurship in Ghana: a critical analysis of the dualist/modernist policy approach, some evidence from Accra
- Technical Efficiency in Agribusiness: A Meta-Analysis on Ghana
- UAV Drones Can Accelerate Development in Ghana
- Negawatt in the making: Ghanaians host the first energy efficiency Challenge
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021