Best Way to Stimulate Sustainable Innovation is Open Innovation
July 23, 2013 Editor 0
The TriplePundit website reports that a new app that Nike launched to help designers make informed decisions about the environmental impacts of the materials they choose, shows that sustainable apparel is not just about where the clothes are made, but also about the materials they are made of. The new app is powered by data from the Nike Materials Sustainability Index, a database built on more than seven years of materials research and analysis. It aims to help designers and product creators select materials with lower environmental impacts by ranking and comparing materials based on specific environmental impact areas like energy, water and waste. In terms of opportunity, this database is another expression of Nike’s belief that sustainability will be an engine for growth for the company. Mark Paker, Nike’s President and CEO said, “Our belief [is] that the best way to stimulate sustainable innovation is through open innovation.”
Click here to read the full article.
- The Informationalization of Poverty in Africa? Mobile Phones and Economic Structure
- The Organizations and the Challenges of the New Century
- Opportunities to Look Out For
- Can Open Innovation Help South Africa Solve Its Power Problems?
- Engineering biological systems toward a sustainable bioeconomy.
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020