Knowledge, Skills and Personality of the Effective Business Consultant
July 21, 2013 Editor 0
Purpose – To describe the effective business consultant’s most desirable characteristics.Design/methodology/approach – Development of propositions based on a review of the literature, anecdotal reports and the experience of the authors.Findings – The effective business consultant should possess functional knowledge as well as knowledge of an industry, communication and analytical skills, creativity, strategic and tactical leadership abilities, and a set of personality traits that includes emotional stability, intellect, integrity and openness and agreeableness.Practical implications – HR departments and training units in consulting firms may use the profile of the effective consultant as a tool in their selection and training procedures, as well as in matching consultants with clients. Consulting services clients may use the profile of the effective consultant to identify effective consulting service providers. Consultants may use the recommendations as a source for individual growth. Universities and business schools may use the study to improve training of future consultants. Originality/value – The paper sets a research agenda for the study of the effective business consultant’s characteristics.
Go to Source
- Nigeria: Leadership Newspaper Launches Mobile News Outlet
- Is Your Next Great CEO a Management Consultant?
- Visualisation of the Organisation Knowledge Structure Evolution
- Ivorian agricultural scientists open up their research
- African Digital Woman of the Year Award: Call for nominations
- Africa: Senegal, Kenya Claim Apps Awards
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021