Knowledge, Skills and Personality of the Effective Business Consultant
July 21, 2013 Editor 0
Purpose – To describe the effective business consultant’s most desirable characteristics.Design/methodology/approach – Development of propositions based on a review of the literature, anecdotal reports and the experience of the authors.Findings – The effective business consultant should possess functional knowledge as well as knowledge of an industry, communication and analytical skills, creativity, strategic and tactical leadership abilities, and a set of personality traits that includes emotional stability, intellect, integrity and openness and agreeableness.Practical implications – HR departments and training units in consulting firms may use the profile of the effective consultant as a tool in their selection and training procedures, as well as in matching consultants with clients. Consulting services clients may use the profile of the effective consultant to identify effective consulting service providers. Consultants may use the recommendations as a source for individual growth. Universities and business schools may use the study to improve training of future consultants. Originality/value – The paper sets a research agenda for the study of the effective business consultant’s characteristics.
Go to Source
- Monitoring and Evaluation vs. Good Management in Development
- Nanomedicine: past, present and future – a global perspective.
- Life skills training for engineering students a success
- Wide-area smart grids with new smart units synchronized measurement analysis and control based on cloud computing platform
- Nigeria pins green revolution hopes on cassava
- How Can We Make Cloud Solutions Relevant in the Offline World?
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020