Africa: Focus On Disability – Delivering Equal Access to ICTs
July 21, 2013 Editor 0
[SciDev.Net]An Indian technology firm, BarrierBreak, is adapting Western-designed technology that magnifies and reads aloud documents to assist visually impaired people, it was reported.
Go to Source
- What Happened to the Innovation, Disruption, Technology’ Dividend?
- Setting research priorities across science, technology, and health sectors: the Tanzania experience.
- 4 Reasons Why Global Satellite Internet Is A Fantasy
- From innovation to mass market: Lessons for the IoT
- If Digital Freedom is a Myth, How Can We Ethically Provide Access to Cutting-Edge Technology?
- Can urban innovation ecosystems be developed with little broadband infrastructure?
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021