IDC may raise venture capital allocation beyond R1bn as take-up exceeds expectations
July 3, 2013 Editor 0
Interest in the Industrial Development Corporation’s (IDC’s) venture capital funding has exceeded initial expectations, with R600-million of a total allocation of R750-million having already been committed. Preparations are, therefore, being made to possibly double the size of the development finance institution’s venture capital allocation.
Venture capital providers typically extend seed capital for the research, evaluation and development of a concept or start-up or early-stage funding for new companies.
Go to Source
- Cloud Computing for Development: A Four-Stage Analysis of Public, Private, and Hybrid Solutions
- What About Facebook Messenger Chatbots for Development?
- Foreign direct investment and development: Insights from literature and ideas for research
- Building for Development: Could Infrastructure Draw Unexpected Investors to Africa?
- University for Women Key to African Agriculture
- Technological Leapfrogging in Agriculture
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020