Invest in women to improve economy, conference hears
June 14, 2013 Editor 0
The 3rd Women Deliver conference, which took place in Kuala Lumpur last month (28-30 May), brought together leaders and gender experts from more than 150 countries.
“Today’s girls are tomorrow’s women — healthy and educated women who can transform the world, have healthier families and are economically more secure, thus leading to stronger communities and more prosperous countries,” said the conference’s founder and president Jill Sheffield.
Go to Source
- International Women’s Day 2016: What issues are central to agricultural development for women?
- Economic opportunity for women: It’s good business
- The rise of women and their impact on firms’ performance
- Shutting doors on women: How countries are legally preventing half their population from reaching their full economic potential
- Cultivating a psychological sense of community
- 8 Considerations for Better Mobile Learning Solutions for Women
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021