What Is IQ? Money Talks
June 6, 2013 Editor 0
People who were told they would get 0.10 euro to 1 euro for each correct answer on an IQ test scored up to 6% higher than those who didn’t get such rewards, suggesting that IQ numbers are a matter of motivation as well as intelligence, says a team led by Lex Borghans of Maastricht University in the Netherlands. The rewards prompted participants to invest more time on the questions, leading to better performance. The amount of money didn’t matter as much as the mere presence of an incentive.
- Biofuel: Africa’s new oil?
- Ethnomathematics: an Anthropological Approach to Software in ICT4E
- African Digital Woman of the Year Award: Call for nominations
- Google launch SMS version of Gmail in Africa
- The Incubation Process and the Strengthening of the Firm: a Study in Brazilian Companies
- New ‘Heroes of Chemistry’ developed products that improve health and protect food supply
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020