Exploring the Moderating Influence of Product Innovativeness on the Organizational Integration-New Product Market Success Relationship
May 25, 2013 Editor 0
Purpose – The purpose of this research is to investigate the moderating impact of product innovativeness on the new product market success-organizational integration relationship.Design/methodology/approach – A mail survey research approach was used that gathered 131 completed survey instruments from NPD managers in the electrical products, medical devices, and the heavy construction equipment industries.Findings – This research confirmed that organizational integration during NPD processes and the innovativeness of new products are associated with new product market success. This study also discovered that product innovativeness does not moderate the organizational integration-new product market success relationship.
Research limitations/implications – This study’s findings may not generalizable to industries beyond those studied, the studied relationships may change when new product projects are appended to one another, and it may be necessary to take into account several dimensions of product innovativeness to ascertain the relationship between product innovativeness and new product market success.
Practical implications – This study’s results imply organizational integration can be increased to increase the market success of new products, new product developers should integrate marketing and R&D during NPD projects, and the innovativeness of new products can be increased without affecting the organizational integration-new product market success relationship.
Originality/value – The investigation of the following research questions contributes to NPD knowledge. How is new product market success related to NPD organizational integration? How is new product market success related to a product’s innovativeness? To what extent does the innovativeness of new products moderate the relationship between new product market success and organizational integration?
Go to Source
- The Contingent Value of Organizational Integration
- Challenges and opportunities for biotechnology SMEs in Brazil
- 3 Steps for Microsoft + Nokia Success in Africa
- Leap-frogging in African Agriculture: The Case of Genetically Modified Crops
- Develop a Strong Business Model Portfolio – Or Risk Kodak’s Fate
- To Diversify Your Network, Follow the 2+1 Rule
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020