Futures of Technology in Africa
April 25, 2013 Editor 0
I had the privilege of meeting Dr. Jasper Grosskurth recently at a conference in Frankfurt.
The aim of his book is to make you think again about Africa and how you see Africa, wherever in the world you are. Its purpose is to make you question your and our ideas about Africa. The book adds a technology voice to a global conversation, in which cultural, economic, political, institutional, intellectual and many other voices are also taking part, bringing about a richer image of modern-day Africa.
The book is best understood as a journey. We meet and listen to technology and other pioneers, facilitators of change, sceptical experts, intellectual visionaries, cheetahs and hippos (we will come back to what they stand for in Chapter 1). We visit hot spots of technology and explore future successes and failures. The PDF version
Categories: Feature Articles
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021