Contest seeks Ethiopia’s rising clean-tech innovators
March 20, 2013 Editor 0
Through local partner Precise Consult International, infoDev has launched a nationwide contest in Ethiopia to search for the next wave of innovations that can help curb climate change and create inclusive jobs.
The competition is targeting entrepreneurs, researchers, startups, and existing companies in Ethiopia that are developing an innovative new product or business model in clean-technology sectors—sustainable agribusiness, bio-fuels and bio-mass, transportation technologies, micro-hydropower, and others.
The winners will be first in line to receive business support services and funding of up to ETB 1 million at our Ethiopia Climate Innovation Center (CIC), slated to launch mid 2013 with funding from UKaid and the Norwegian Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
The first CIC, in Kenya, already supports about 30 startups in agribusiness, renewable energy, and clean water. It launched in September 2012.
To participate, please obtain an application online at www.ethiopiainvestor.com or in person at Precise Consult International; Edna Mall 3rd Floor 309, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 5.
To register for a public information session in Addis Ababa on Wednesday, March 27, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +251 116 63 10 80 or +251 912 62 66 37 by Friday, March 22.
- Gender and water technologies use for irrigation and multiple purposes in Ethiopia
- Advancing the gender agenda in small ruminant value chains in Ethiopia
- Towards coenurosis control: Practical training on dogs faecal examination techniques in Ethiopia
- Community gender profiles help target small ruminant value chain interventions in Ethiopia
- Understanding gender roles in small ruminant health management in Ethiopia
- African Dairy Genetic Gains Program: Innovative private-public partnership for sustainable dairy productivity in Ethiopia and Tanzania
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021