March 14, 2013 Editor 0
I found this website (http://www.kumatoo.com) and got permission from the owners to use their material. Below is a reproduced from the site:
A great deal of Africans regularly design and manufacture simple or complex equipment with local materials or scrap. However, they do not always have a space where they can express themselves and exhibit their inventions. This virtual space provided by Kumatoo brings together these inventors to give greater visibility to their creations.
Most of them do not necessarily reinvent the wheel of industrial history, but show that their contribution should be taken into account in the industrialization process of the African continent. Graduates or self-taught, these men and women of exception have already built helicopters, cars, space rockets, boats, lawn mowers, etc.. These inventions are almost always self-financed, and it is a constant across the continent.
The list of inventors and their inventions will be updated as we receive information on other inventors so that Africans and the world can see what they are capable of.
The industrial revolution in Africa, which is still in its embryonic stage, will be greatly facilitated if Africans lose their inferiority complex vis-à-vis the rest of the world, begin to believe in themselves and consume made in Africa capital goods. In fact, the vast majority of African inventors design and manufacture equipment to assist in limiting imports. They believe that Africa can become independent in several industrial areas; an ideal that we share within Kumatoo.
- Traditional ranching practices enhance African savanna
- Identifying Digital Opportunities for African Youth
- Climate data ‘has helped African farmers boost production’
- Ghana’s telecoms sector has created 1.5 million jobs, report
- African farmers could soon grow virus-resistant cassava
- Entries open for African innovation prize
Categories: Feature Articles
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020