Forming Mechanisms and Structures of a Knowledge Transfer Network: Theoretical and Simulation Research
March 6, 2013 Editor 0
Purpose – This paper aims to analyze the exchange and reciprocal mechanism behind individual knowledge transfer activities as well as their impact on the individual knowledge transfer networks.Design/methodology/approach – The authors conducted a theoretical and simulation research. Agent-based technology is employed to construct an agent dynamics agent-based model that simulates and explains how an individual initiates the evolution of a knowledge network through knowledge transfer activities.
Findings – The results demonstrate that the two mechanisms can improve the knowledge levels of the network members; the exchange mechanism is more efficient as it can improve the values of both sides. Individual knowledge transfer networks evolve from random networks to small-world networks.Research limitations/implications – The research model must include of more variables.Computer simulation research will be cross confirmed by other research methods in future studies.Practical implications – Individual Knowledge transfer networks form and subsequently evolve as a result of social interaction. Our research findings will contribute to the policy making for knowledge management in organizations.Originality/value – Little has been published about the dynamics of individual knowledge transfer networks. The authors believe that they are the first to analyze the internal mechanisms behind individual knowledge transfer activities and test them with agent-bsed technologies.
Go to Source
- Advancing the gender agenda in small ruminant value chains in Ethiopia
- Africa RISING showcases interventions at Nane Nane agricultural fair in Arusha
- Varsity receives R1m sponsorship for solar-powered car
- Prevention and Management of Non-Communicable Disease: The IOC Consensus Statement, Lausanne 2013.
- Agricultural revolution in Africa could increase global carbon emissions
- Disruptive innovations and new business models: The role of competition policy advocacy
Categories: Knowledge Management
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021