The application of lean principles and its effects in technology development
March 2, 2013 Editor 0
Creating and managing technological knowledge is the competitive advantage in innovation-intense industries. Sophisticated technology development which is faster and more efficient than the competitor’s is the basis for competitiveness and future success. In this context, the transfer and application of lean principles to technology development is an appropriate approach to face these challenges. Our study investigates the impact of lean principles in innovation-intense organisations (i.e., companies of the automotive and machinery industries as well as in research facilities). Our results suggest that the implementation of lean principles create positive effects in technology development, e.g., reducing the development time and increasing the development efficiency. Out of the existing lean principles, the two principles ‘avoidance of waste’ and ‘flow’ have the highest influence on the improvement of development activities.
Go to Source
- User Acceptance Determinants of Information Technology Innovation in Organizations
- 3 Steps for Data Transformation: Turning Numbers into Knowledge
- SKA can help uplift Mozambique, says Vice Minister
- Does Your Strategy Match Your Competitive Environment?
- Tips to Achieve an Innovative and Differentiated Startup Project
- Platform-based Product Design and Environmental Turbulence: The Mediating Role of Strategic Flexibility
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021