BTP—Best Transfer Practices. A tool for qualitative analysis of tech-transfer offices: A cross cultural analysis
January 4, 2013 Editor 0
Publication year: 2013
Source:Technovation, Volume 33, Issue 1
The objective of this article is to present a qualitative analysis tool which technology transfer offices (TTOs) can utilize to improve their efficiency and effectiveness. Such qualitative tool is one of the novelties presented. The other is information that advances understanding of the processes, procedures and structures required to transfer technology, as a set of best practices. From December 2008 to September 2010 a variety of methodologies (document analysis, participative observation, interviews and surveys) generated data which led to development of a theoretical framework. The theoretical framework, called Master Plan for Technology Transfer (TT), is a reference schema for best practices. The Master Plan contains 271 rules (good practices) referring to 43 facilitators distributed in seven groups. The facilitators and rules were selected from a coding process based on grounded theory, where facilitators are the categories and rules are their properties. Based on the methodologies and development of the Master Plan, we constructed a tool called Best Transfer Practices (BTP) which is a qualitative tool to assess and study TTOs and their host R&D institutions. The collection of rules and facilitators are the soul of our BTP. It is our contribution to the knowledge of actual practices in TT.
► We made a qualitative analysis tool to assess technology transfer offices (TTOs). ► We developed a theoretical framework called master plan for this. ► The master plan is a reference schema for best practices in technology transfer. ► The master plan contains 271 rules (good practices) referring to 43 facilitators. ► The facilitators/rules were selected from a coding process based on grounded theory.
- BTP—Best Transfer Practices. A tool for qualitative analysis of tech-transfer offices: A cross cultural analysis
- How to Get Over Your Inaction on Big Data
- Africa: Guidelines Show How to Integrate Science in Development
- Google’s Scientific Approach to Work-Life Balance (and Much More)
- Sustainable innovation: the key to global development
- With what could Professor’s Paul Bran Economic Thinking Help Us Today, in Full Process of Search of New Theories and New Objectives in the Economic and Financial-Monetary Practice and Science?
Categories: Technology Transfer
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021