Small-cell network architecture can help ensure high availability
December 14, 2012 Editor 0
Small cells that support connectivity in a limited area, such as at a mine or in a rural community, or that support a high density of connected devices, must be supported by effective backhaul technologies to ensure that data traffic flows consistently, says telecommunications technology company Radwin SADC region MD Peter Turvey. Cellular technologies, such as 2G, 3G and long-term evolution, vary in the consistency with which the networks can carry data, depending on interference of the signals and the number of connected devices being supported by a base station.
Go to Source
- What Happened to the Innovation, Disruption, Technology’ Dividend?
- Setting research priorities across science, technology, and health sectors: the Tanzania experience.
- 4 Reasons Why Global Satellite Internet Is A Fantasy
- From innovation to mass market: Lessons for the IoT
- If Digital Freedom is a Myth, How Can We Ethically Provide Access to Cutting-Edge Technology?
- Can urban innovation ecosystems be developed with little broadband infrastructure?
Tags: cells, connected devices, Small-cell, Technology
CSIR institute seeks to raise awareness of latest satellite application advances Service-based differentiation strategies for business incubators: Exploring external and internal alignment
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 807 views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 806 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 759 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 726 views