Open Innovation Challenges
December 10, 2012 Editor 0
The AllAfrica website posted an article noting that open innovation has been gathering force in recent years, however, there are also challenges and risks involved in making open innovation work. There are four key challenges when implementing open innovation. 1. The mindset challenge: how do you ensure that open innovation wins the hearts and minds of personnel? 2. The intellectual property challenge: how do you make money of intellectual property that your company does not put to commercial use? 3 The tools challenge: how do you make optimal use of tools that support open innovation? 4 The management challenge: how do you ensure that the correct management processes support company staff in their open innovation efforts?
Click here to read the full article.
- Open Innovation and Business Model: A Brazilian Company Case Study
- How to benefit from open innovation? An empirical investigation of open innovation, external partnerships and firm capabilities in the automotive industry
- Using Open Innovation to combat Ebola
- Open Innovation in Sports
- The Value of Open Innovation for B2B Companies
- Open Innovation Lessons
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021