Open Innovation Challenges
December 10, 2012 Editor 0
The AllAfrica website posted an article noting that open innovation has been gathering force in recent years, however, there are also challenges and risks involved in making open innovation work. There are four key challenges when implementing open innovation. 1. The mindset challenge: how do you ensure that open innovation wins the hearts and minds of personnel? 2. The intellectual property challenge: how do you make money of intellectual property that your company does not put to commercial use? 3 The tools challenge: how do you make optimal use of tools that support open innovation? 4 The management challenge: how do you ensure that the correct management processes support company staff in their open innovation efforts?
Click here to read the full article.
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019