All in the numbers?
December 2, 2012 Editor 0
Big data is a hot topic in the business press. Its promise of greater insights and efficiency, improved innovation and competiveness, not to mention income streams for the providers of data analytics tools are a rich source of discussion. Several recent developments indicate the power of using data analysis and statistics effectively to reach conclusions, and we almost certainly ‘ain’t seen nothing yet’ as big data techniques emerge. However, statistics do not necessarily tell the whole story and are open to radically different interpretations. That said, the power of numbers and modelling is rising.
Go to Source
- Retrogressive laws inhibiting Ethiopian Internet penetration
- Bringing power to the people — and heat as well
- Tight contest for .africa domain
- Can Open Innovation Help South Africa Solve Its Power Problems?
- SELCO: A Business, Ongoing Case Study in Solar-Powered Social Impact
- The First Step to Being Powerful
Subscribe to our stories
- In pictures: the 2019 Africa RISING Tanzania monitoring visit August 30, 2019
- Active Internationalization of Software Enterprises: Scale Development and Validation August 30, 2019
- The Manager’s Guide to Leveraging Disruption August 30, 2019
- Key take-aways from a recent Africa RISING exchange visit in Ghana August 30, 2019
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019