Kenyan Information Official Leads an IT Revolution
November 23, 2012 Editor 0By Robyn Dixon, Los Angeles TimesNovember 15, 2012
Since Bitange Ndemo got Kenya hooked up to high-speed Internet, there has been no stopping his cyber-progress. A ‘Silicon Savannah’ is now flourishing.
Techies, geeks and innovators race one another to come up with the next big thing. They rush from meeting to meeting, work late, skip weekends. Every other day there’s a pitch night for tech start-ups, a creative Web workshop, or a meeting of mobile app developers.
- Time to let loose? Why lawmakers should ease up on mobile banking rules
- Illuminating the developing world’s “invisible” consumers
- Seven things you need to know to turn a start-up into a scale-up
- Kenyan scientists release five new canning bean varieties after sixty-year wait
- The secret life of a World Bank actuary
- SMEs are good business for Kenya’s growing banking sector
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020