Sail-inspired turbine promises cheaper wind energy
November 8, 2012 Editor 0
A Tunisian wind turbine that replaces blades with sails, can capture twice the wind energy of existing turbines, its creators claim.
Go to Source
- Research Say’s it is a Reality Wind Energy Can Meet Future Energy Needs
- Wind Energy Experienced Significant Growth
- Maximum overall efficiency for a solar-driven gas turbine power plant
- Ten Concepts Everyone in ICT4D Should Know
- ‘Smartest Places’ via smarter strategies: Sharpening competitiveness requires ingenuity, not inertia
- A Global Challenge: Can We Achieve Financial Inclusion by 2020?
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021