GSBI Silicon Valley is Recruiting Social Ventures for 2013
November 7, 2012 Editor 0
As the GSBI™ enters its eleventh year, we are intensifying our focus on helping successful social enterprises scale. GSBI Silicon Valley 2013 will focus on guiding social entrepreneurs to develop fundable business plans to rapidly scale their impact. We would love you to help us identify and invite high-potential social enterprises to apply. All participants will have curriculum tailored for their organization, be matched with 2-3 mentors with skills to complement their objectives, and be matched with one of the GSBI’s Impact Investment Partners. GSBI’s impact investor partners include Accion, Acumen Fund, Beyond Capital Fund, The Eleos Foundation, Invested Development, and Hub Ventures, among others.
The Center’s core program is GSBI Silicon Valley, formerly known just as GSBI. The name suffix helps to keep the programs clear as we pilot GSBI Online and build the GSBI Network with other university-based incubators. The core GSBI Silicon Valley processes (application, online exercises, in-residence, and implementation) remain the same, but selection criteria, curriculum, and customization are focused on developing selecting and training investment ready social enterprises.
Enterprises will be evaluated using this scoring matrix:
- Strength of Mission
- Financial Sustainability
- Potential for Scale
- Demonstrated Beneficial Outcome
- Management Capacity
- Effective Business Model
Detailed instructions on applying can be found on our website here.
- Relevance of Systems Thinking and Scientific Holism to Social Entrepreneurship
- Learn How to Effectively Lead Innovative Teams and Drive Innovation Through the Enterprise
- Opportunity to work with one of Africa’s top female entrepreneurs
- Savannah Fund Information Session
- Affordable business training for entrepreneurs and community members at iHub
- Tech In Kenya: Growth and What Gov’t Can do
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018