GSBI Silicon Valley is Recruiting Social Ventures for 2013
November 7, 2012 Editor 0
As the GSBI™ enters its eleventh year, we are intensifying our focus on helping successful social enterprises scale. GSBI Silicon Valley 2013 will focus on guiding social entrepreneurs to develop fundable business plans to rapidly scale their impact. We would love you to help us identify and invite high-potential social enterprises to apply. All participants will have curriculum tailored for their organization, be matched with 2-3 mentors with skills to complement their objectives, and be matched with one of the GSBI’s Impact Investment Partners. GSBI’s impact investor partners include Accion, Acumen Fund, Beyond Capital Fund, The Eleos Foundation, Invested Development, and Hub Ventures, among others.
GSBI alumni and current class members include iHub community members m-Farm and Ben Lyon of Kopo Kopo.
The Center’s core program is GSBI Silicon Valley, formerly known just as GSBI. The name suffix helps to keep the programs clear as we pilot GSBI Online and build the GSBI Network with other university-based incubators. The core GSBI Silicon Valley processes (application, online exercises, in-residence, and implementation) remain the same, but selection criteria, curriculum, and customization are focused on developing selecting and training investment ready social enterprises.
Enterprises will be evaluated using this scoring matrix:
- Strength of Mission
- Financial Sustainability
- Potential for Scale
- Demonstrated Beneficial Outcome
- Management Capacity
- Effective Business Model
Detailed instructions on applying can be found on our website here.
- Relevance of Systems Thinking and Scientific Holism to Social Entrepreneurship
- Innovation Ahead for Higher Education
- Germany to invest in SA’s MeerKAT radio telescope
- Tanzania: NIMR Conducting Research On Baobab Oil
- Learning to Say “No” Is Part of Success
- Sail-inspired turbine promises cheaper wind energy
Categories: Innovation, mLab
Disruptive Innovation Comes to Health Care Opportunity to work with one of Africa’s top female entrepreneurs
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 836 views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 817 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 782 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 744 views