Open Innovation and Stakeholder Engagement
November 5, 2012 Editor 0
The paradox of open innovation lies in the conflict between the practical desire to reap the benefits of open innovation and concern over the risk that others will misappropriate those benefits. Stakeholder theory and recent developments in value creation through stakeholder engagement can assist with reconciliation of this inherent structural risk. The limitations of existing open innovation typologies are identified, and a process-based model of open innovation is proposed. The model is then expanded to include stakeholder engagement. When integrated with stakeholder engagement, open innovation processes can be understood to generate benefits beyond the acquisition of specific information sought from external experts. The addition of stakeholder engagement to the open innovation model allows for greater understanding and easier acceptance of the risks inherent in the open innovation process.
Go to Source
- The secret sauce of a ‘start-up nation’
- How 10 of the Best Global Brands Use Creative Crowdsourcing
- Innovators need to sweep investors and customers off their feet
- Short film: Uganda’s love of mobile money
- The impact of health care professionals’ service orientation on patients’ innovative behavior.
Supply Chain Management Practices as a Support to Innovation in SMEs From wastewater to biogas and clean water: How a project consortium is contributing to climate change mitigation through agro-industrial waste water recycling.
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021