Competitiveness and Innovation take center stage in Brussels Conference
November 1, 2012 Editor 0
One of the year’s largest conferences focusing on international development, European Development Days (EDDs) will be convened by the European Commission this week in Brussels, bringing together about 6,000 development professionals to discuss the theme, “Supporting inclusive and sustainable growth for human development.” A large contingent from the World Bank Group will take part in the array of EDDs panels and seminars – many of them to be livestreamed – on such topics as the global food crisis, environmental sustainability and resilience, women’s entrepreneurship and inclusive urbanization.
- Big data for development: Beyond Transparency
- Financial Inclusion Up Close in Rwanda
- Foreign direct investment and development: Insights from literature and ideas for research
- Building for Development: Could Infrastructure Draw Unexpected Investors to Africa?
- The ICT4D Funding Conundrum And Why Pilotitis Needs to Change
- There are No Shortcuts in Technology for Development
Categories: World Bank PSD
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019