African MPs urged to leverage policies that promote science, technology and innovation
November 1, 2012 Editor 0
ECA Press Release 168/2012
Cairo, 18 October 2012 (ECA) – Senior ECA and AUC officials on Wednesday 17 October joined Egypt’s Minister of Scientific Research Prof. Nadia Zakhary, to urge more than 50 parliamentarians from across Africa to begin a crusade for national policies that promote science, technology and innovation as the bedrocks of the continent’s sustainable development. The recommendation was made during the first training workshop for members of the African Inter-Parliamentary Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation (AIPF-STI) that ran for two days in Egypt’s chief city – Cairo.
- Africa can profit from the US$500 billion global Business Process Outsourcing boom – says ECA’s Opoku-Mensah
- Participants at the ICT/BPO International Conference welcome the 2013 IPA as a major initiative recognizing African Innovation
- First Biomedical Engineering Innovators Summer School gets Underway
- Explore Nairobi
- Innovation: Applying Knowledge in Development
- Does your country have a National Information and Communication Infrastructure Plan?
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018