For Jobs and Growth, a Focus on Competitiveness
October 14, 2012 Editor 0
How can we spur competitive industries? Tune in Saturday, October 13 at 10:30 JST to hear from Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala , Minister of Finance, Nigeria; Hideto Nakahara, Senior Executive Vice President, Mitsubishi Corp.; Byron Auguste, Social Sector Practice Global Leader, McKinsey & Co. and others.
With the global economy struggling to rebound from the prolonged financial crisis, the world’s policymakers are now assembling in Tokyo for crucial policy discussions at the annual meetings of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund. Yet the chronic crisis may lead to new opportunities, if it provokes policymakers to re-think and recalibrate how they approach the challenge of competitiveness, growth and job creation.
- Let’s talk business: Knowledge-sharing helps make Sub-Saharan Africa more competitive
- Harnessing Innovative entrepreneurship for growth
- Is investing in innovation an effective strategy in times of crisis? Evidence from Poland
- Africa Analysis: Research topic trends are useful for Africa
- ‘Growth Through Innovation’: Toward a Competitiveness Consensus
- How to build a sustainable competitiveness platform?
Categories: World Bank PSD
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020