Science, Technology and Innovation for Development in Africa
October 10, 2012 Editor 0
2012/2013 POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP POSITION
looking for two post-doc research fellows
Are you interested in advancing research on the South African national system of innovation by applying how science, technology and innovation are integrated in the bifurcated informal and formal economies of South Africa?
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP POSITIONS are available at the Institute of Economic Research on Innovation, Faculty of Economics and Finance, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa.
You need to have the following:
§ A doctorate (not older than five years) in the fields of social, natural and engineering sciences or in the interdisciplinary fields of technology and innovation for development. New technologies such as biotechnology, nanotechnology, advanced materials, information and communication technologies are welcome
§ Research experience in development economics or science, technology and innovation policy areas would be an advantage.
§ A proven track record of research and publication is essential.
§ Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and computer skills as well as ability to work with students, to conduct workshops, seminars, etc.
§ Dedication and commitment to help with postgraduate mentorship would be an advantage
The purpose is to conduct research to provide evidence by employing the innovation approach to evaluate how the national system of innovation in South Africa is developing. Data collection based on field work to generate new evidence is required.
Applicants are required to submit a copy of their CV and at least a five-page research proposal and a two-year plan of how they intend to undertake research and publish their works by selecting a research question that is related to any of the above areas.
Closing date: 30 November 2012
For detailed information, please contact the DST/NRF SARChI Research Professor, Mammo Muchie, or his PA, Mrs Elsa Lourens:
Telephone: +27 (0)12 382 5473/78
PS. If no response is received from us within EIGHT weeks, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Science and Technology Minister creates new Centres of Excellence
- Transdisciplinary model needed to maximise benefits for Africa from astronomy
- ‘French season’ aims to cultivate science, technology and business partnerships
- The future of business matchmaking
- Assessing the implementation and influence of policies that support research and innovation systems for health: the cases of Mozambique, Senegal, and Tanzania.
- SKA has key role in continent’s science and technology strategy
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020