Perception of green brand in an emerging innovative market
October 2, 2012 Editor 0
Purpose – The purpose of this empirical research is to study the main factors affecting the green brand preference in the telecom industry in Egypt as an example of an emerging innovative market.
Design/methodology/approach – The researchers develop a conceptual framework highlighting the dimensions of the green brand preference focusing on four constructs; green brand image, green satisfaction, green trust, and green awareness. The researchers started with a qualitative exploratory research in order to support the conceptual framework followed with a quantitative research in the form of a survey distributed among 302 respondents.
Findings – The consumers tended to disagree that they are aware of environmental promotions or that they recognize the meaning of environmental slogans and labels for their preferred brand. It was also found that the correlation between green awareness and green brand preference is the weakest. On the other hand; there is a strong correlation and a positive effect of the other factors (green brand image, green awareness and green trust) and green brand preference. The effect of the factors on green brand preference wasn’t significantly different for different genders, while it was significantly different for different ages, income levels and education levels.
Practical implications – The results of this research confirmed what the experts agreed upon during the exploratory phase and gave the researchers more confidence that the first step to start using green marketing principles in Egypt is to enhance the green image, satisfaction and trust as well as educating them on the importance of the green activities.
Originality/value – The research includes conceptual contribution in a trial to develop a conceptual framework to green brand preference in an innovative industry. In addition, there is empirical contribution since according to the researchers knowledge there is not any single paper on green branding strategies in the Egyptian market as an example of an emerging market.
Go to Source
- A conceptual framework of generative customization as an approach to product innovation and fulfillment
- Addressing Egypt’s aquaculture challenges
- Biofuel research focuses on manure
- Egypt: New Egyptian Tablet; in Markets Before End of Year
- Egypt’s president ‘to link science to society’
- Tazkarty: one-stop-shop model for restaurant tables, events, hotels and clubs
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019