Perception of green brand in an emerging innovative market
October 2, 2012 Editor 0
Purpose – The purpose of this empirical research is to study the main factors affecting the green brand preference in the telecom industry in Egypt as an example of an emerging innovative market.
Design/methodology/approach – The researchers develop a conceptual framework highlighting the dimensions of the green brand preference focusing on four constructs; green brand image, green satisfaction, green trust, and green awareness. The researchers started with a qualitative exploratory research in order to support the conceptual framework followed with a quantitative research in the form of a survey distributed among 302 respondents.
Findings – The consumers tended to disagree that they are aware of environmental promotions or that they recognize the meaning of environmental slogans and labels for their preferred brand. It was also found that the correlation between green awareness and green brand preference is the weakest. On the other hand; there is a strong correlation and a positive effect of the other factors (green brand image, green awareness and green trust) and green brand preference. The effect of the factors on green brand preference wasn’t significantly different for different genders, while it was significantly different for different ages, income levels and education levels.
Practical implications – The results of this research confirmed what the experts agreed upon during the exploratory phase and gave the researchers more confidence that the first step to start using green marketing principles in Egypt is to enhance the green image, satisfaction and trust as well as educating them on the importance of the green activities.
Originality/value – The research includes conceptual contribution in a trial to develop a conceptual framework to green brand preference in an innovative industry. In addition, there is empirical contribution since according to the researchers knowledge there is not any single paper on green branding strategies in the Egyptian market as an example of an emerging market.
Go to Source
- From open data to a collaborative community – looking ahead with TCdata360
- Improved tilapia breeding program in Egypt: A year in review
- Assessing the implementation and influence of policies that support research and innovation systems for health: the cases of Mozambique, Senegal, and Tanzania.
- Addressing Egypt’s aquaculture challenges
- Effective Management over Government Led Research: A Study of Research Institutions in Gambia
- Preparing for distant collaboration: Antecedents to potential absorptive capacity in cross-industry innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021