Embedded software product lines: domain and application engineering model-based analysis processes
October 2, 2012 Editor 0
Nowadays, embedded systems are gaining importance. At the same time, the development of their software is increasing its complexity, having to deal with quality, cost, and time-to-market issues among others. With stringent quality requirements such as performance, early verification and validation become critical in these systems.
In this regard, advanced development paradigms such as model-driven engineering and software product line engineering bring considerable benefits to the development and validation of embedded system software. However, these benefits come at the cost of increasing process complexity. This work presents a process based on UML and MARTE for the analysis of embedded model-driven product lines. It specifies the tasks, the involved roles, and the work products that form the process and how it is integrated in the more general development process. Existing tools that support the tasks to be performed in the process are also described. A classification of such tools and a study of traceability among them are provided, allowing engineering teams to choose the most adequate chain of tools to support the process. Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Cloud Computing for Development: A Four-Stage Analysis of Public, Private, and Hybrid Solutions
- What About Facebook Messenger Chatbots for Development?
- Engineering a better biofuel
- Foreign direct investment and development: Insights from literature and ideas for research
- Building for Development: Could Infrastructure Draw Unexpected Investors to Africa?
- University for Women Key to African Agriculture
Tags: application engineering model-based analysis, benefits, classification, complexity, Development, driven, embedded, Embedded software product lines, engineering, engineering model-based analysis processes, increasing, line, performed, process, product, quality, tasks, tools
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020