Cross-Divisional Innovation in the Large Corporation: Thoughts and Evidence on Its Value and the Role of the Early Stages of Innovation
October 1, 2012 Editor 0
Forty-five years after Ansoff’s seminal work on synergies, many multi-divisional corporations still struggle to create additional value. Therefore, it is surprising that in times of open innovation, little research has been conducted on the impact of cross-divisional product development.
In our paper, we derive conceptual arguments for the relevance of joint initiatives and examine the role of cross-divisional collaboration in the early stages of the innovation process. Our research model is tested using a quantitative survey in 110 multi-divisional firms. We find that the extent of collaboration in the early stages of innovation strongly determines the impact of cross-divisional products on corporate success. To achieve collaboration, our results highlight the relevance of appropriate integration mechanisms and incentives.
- Cross-Divisional Innovation in the Large Corporation: Thoughts and Evidence on Its Value and the Role of the Early Stages of Innovation
- It’s really out there: A review of the critique of the discovery view of opportunities
- Open Innovation and Business Model: A Brazilian Company Case Study
- A massive open online course on pharmacogenomics: not just disruptive innovation but a possible solution.
- How Can You Reuse Solutions From Other Industries?
- 11th International Economic Forum on Africa
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021