Building Socially-Aware E-Learning Systems Through Knowledge Management
September 24, 2012 Editor 0
Conformance to social context while designing an e-learning course is crucial in enhancing acceptability of the course. Building socially aware e-learning courses requires elicitation of social opinion from various stakeholders associated with the system. Stakeholders are disparate in their perception towards the intricacies of the system, leading to generation of numerous assorted ideas.
Knowledge Management (KM) assimilates these ideas to bring congruency into the system. This paper proposes i) a model KMeLS (Knowledge Management in e-Learning Systems) built upon the SECI (Socialization, Externalization, Combination and Internalization) framework, and ii) an algorithm PARSeL (Prioritizing Alternatives using Recommendations of Stakeholders in e-Learning) to incorporate KM into designing an e-learning course. PARSeL prioritizes the content using stakeholder recommendations using Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) and fuzzy modeling. A case study is also presented with a goal of prioritizing a set of programming languages for an online computing course. The proposed methodology can be promising in recommending appropriate content for the e-learners and can be implemented to benefit e-learning organizations in a wider spectrum.
Read the original here: Building Socially-Aware E-Learning Systems Through Knowledge Management
- What Is Good e-Learning?
- EmTech Preview: Another Way to Think about Learning
- Effective healthcare management in India – the role of knowledge management
- Management of knowledge creation and sharing to create virtual knowledge-sharing communities: a tracking study
- The interaction effect of organizational practices and employee values on knowledge management (KM) success
- The place of communities of practice in knowledge management studies: a critical review
Categories: Knowledge Management
Tags: accounting/finance, analytic, Building Socially-Aware E-Learning Systems, designing an e-learning course, Knowledge Management, Learning, parsel, prioritizes, process, recommendations, social, system
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021