South African teams back on track in solar car race
September 20, 2012 Editor 0
Many of the “teething” problems experienced on the first day of the 11-day, 5 400 km Sasol Solar Challenge seem to have been fixed, after many of the South African teams made it to the finish line on day two before the cut-off time.
Many of the South African teams – the majority of them first-time participants – could not take part in the first leg from Pretoria to Vryburg owing to minor technical difficulties, and had to restart on the second leg from Vryburg to Upington on Wednesday, while others were delayed after road works and potholes along the route provided challenging obstacles.
Go to Source
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018