Will your industry be transformed by open innovation?
September 15, 2012 Editor 0
The Smart Planet website notes that managers should consider how the use of open innovation will guide what percentage of their future business processes will be considered proprietary and what percentage is likely to become commonplace (aka much more cost-effective). Could the so-called open source model allow companies to use more commonplace technologies or practices throughout their operations for certain processes — enabling them to devote more investment or innovation resources to areas the might become market differentiators?
Click here to read the full article.
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019
- Why Do Foreign Investors’ Attitudes toward Women Matter? May 28, 2019
- When less is more: coordinating innovation in open versus closed source software development May 28, 2019
- Social entrepreneurship: an emerging market perspective, some fresh evidence from Ghana May 28, 2019
- Influence of personal traits on social entrepreneurship intention: an empirical study related to Tunisia May 28, 2019