Will your industry be transformed by open innovation?
September 15, 2012 Editor 0
The Smart Planet website notes that managers should consider how the use of open innovation will guide what percentage of their future business processes will be considered proprietary and what percentage is likely to become commonplace (aka much more cost-effective). Could the so-called open source model allow companies to use more commonplace technologies or practices throughout their operations for certain processes — enabling them to devote more investment or innovation resources to areas the might become market differentiators?
Click here to read the full article.
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019