Customer Integration during Innovation Development: An Exploratory Study in the Logistics Service Industry
August 28, 2012 Editor 0
Previous research has shown that though customer integration during innovation development can enhance companies’ innovation performance, it can also harm innovativeness. A possible reason for these contradicting findings is that innovation development is a dynamic process that requires different tasks. Thus, a more fine-grained picture of how customer-oriented companies engage in customer integration throughout the entire innovation development process is necessary. This article contributes to the innovation and marketing literature by providing insights into how companies co-create knowledge about customer needs relevant for innovation development. Using a multiple case study design, this study examines four substantive cases that illustrate the activities logistics service providers undertake to integrate customers during the process of idea generation, development and implementation. The results show that companies focus on both proactive and reactive customer integration during idea generation and implementation but refrain from reactive customer integration during development.
- Customer Integration during Innovation Development: An Exploratory Study in the Logistics Service Industry
- Can index insurance protect poor farmers against climate change risks?
- Organizational Innovation Communities(Bansemir)
- Latest Research on R&D-Product Development Innovation
- Nigeria: A Nice Mobile Music and Video Service With a Handset Attached
- The XXIV ISPIM Conference – Innovating in Global Markets: Challenges for Sustainable Growth
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020