Opportunity Recognition in Social Entrepreneurship: A Thematic Meta Analysis
August 24, 2012 Editor 0
Opportunity recognition (OR) is at the very heart of entrepreneurship. However, research on OR in the context of social entrepreneurship is still in its early stages. First, this article identifies, codifies and analyses OR-relevant articles on social entrepreneurship (SE) through the lens of Sarasvathy’s three views of entrepreneurial opportunity recognition. In the second step, statistical methods are applied on the results to indicate possible correlations among different schools of thought in SE and views on OR. OR in social ventures is found to be a prevalent topic in SE literature and differences in OR between social and commercial ventures are found.
- A social affair: identifying motivation of social entrepreneurs
- The Encyclical Letter (Caritas in Veritate)–A Shout-out to Social Entrepreneurship?
- Designing social entrepreneurship education
- Social entrepreneurship, age and gender: toward a model of social involvement in entrepreneurship
- Exploring Stewardship as an Antecedent Behavioural Trait of Social Entrepreneurs
- Defining social entrepreneurship: a Schumpeterian non-solution
Patent-based investment funds as innovation intermediaries for SMEs: In-depth analysis of reciprocal interactions, motives and fallacies Markets for standardized technologies: Patent licensing with principle of proportionality
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019