From Farmers to Entrepreneurs: The Importance of Collaborative Behaviour
August 24, 2012 Editor 0
Publishers note (FSG): Important lessons for countries such as Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Ethiopia and Malawi.
The purpose of this article is to discuss the problems associated with attempting to develop collaborative enterprise amongst farmers in Mexico. Sustainable development of agricultural land requires the development of entrepreneurial and organisational competency in farmers. However, the educational processes involved in such development have been insufficiently studied, especially in emerging economies. This research aims to explore the early stages of the process of transformation from farmers to entrepreneurs, through in-depth interviews with participants in a public pilot project in Mexico. Interviews were performed in the locations where the farmers meet. In total, 28 interviews were carried out: 18 farmers, seven promoters and representatives from three farm links agencies. Results suggest that associative behaviour of farmers is a key element in the process of improving entrepreneurial and organisational competency in the agricultural land. Little prior research into the entrepreneurial development of farmers in Mexico has been undertaken.
- Brazil to build first algae-based biofuel plant
- Earth observation satellites hold benefits for South Africa
- Automatic conversion of web content into ontology-based resource description language for tourism domain
- Wireless Wednesday |Enhancing The Use Of Reliable Agro-weather Data By Farmers
- The gas cylinder, the motorcycle and the village health team member: a proof-of-concept study for the use of the Microsystems Quality Improvement Approach to strengthen the routine immunization system in Uganda.
- SA Space Agency seeking to locally augment satellite navigation
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020