World Bank Group’s ICT Strategy – Using ICT for Greater Development Impact
August 23, 2012 Editor 0
The World Bank Group’s ICT Strategy was released last month. The video above (approx. 4 minutes long) features World Bank Vice President for Sustainable Development Rachel Kyte highlighting the importance of the sector to the Bank and some of the opportunities that we see in terms of open development.
Basically, the straetegy is based on three different pillars:
Innovate: Developing competitive IT-based service industries and fostering ICT innovation across the economy – with a focus on job creation, especially for women and youth.
- The new bank for rural poor: The post office
- Financial Liberalization and Foreign Bank Entry on the Domestic Banking Performance in MENA Countries
- Can industries take flight in conflict situations?
- Crowdsourcing ideas to co-create a smarter future
- A world gone mobile
- Co-creating a SMART Rwanda, SMART Africa and SMART World
Subscribe to our stories
- In pictures: the 2019 Africa RISING Tanzania monitoring visit August 30, 2019
- Active Internationalization of Software Enterprises: Scale Development and Validation August 30, 2019
- The Manager’s Guide to Leveraging Disruption August 30, 2019
- Key take-aways from a recent Africa RISING exchange visit in Ghana August 30, 2019
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019