The relationship between entrepreneurial orientation and speed to the market: The case of incubator firms in Norway
August 23, 2012 Editor 0
Publication year: 2012
Source:Technovation, Volume 32, Issues 9–10
Tommy Clausen, Tor Korneliussen
Incubators and incubator firms work to promote the development and commercialization of technology and products. This study shows that entrepreneurial orientation can help achieve this aim. Using survey data from incubator firms, we show that entrepreneurial orientation has a statistically significant positive effect on ability to bring technology and products quickly to the market. This finding is important for managers of incubator firms and managers of incubators alike as they have a common interest in speed to the market. An implication of our study is that managers of incubators should try to enhance the entrepreneurial orientation of the incubator firms.
► Speed to the market is important for new technology based firms located in incubators. ► The paper examines to what extent entrepreneurial orientation is related to speed to the market. ► Survey data and regression analysis are used to examine this relationship. ► Entrepreneurial orientation has a statistically significant positive effect on speed to the market.
- Small Business, Big Change: A Microentrepreneur’s Guide to Social Responsibility
- Strategies to support non-communicable disease interventions
- Understanding “Foregoing” Behavior at the Base of the Pyramid in Kenya
- Does a 40% breakage rate for Kindles in Africa matter?
- The Renewable Energy Market Is Starting To Be Ruled By Emerging Companies
- Highly innovative and extremely entrepreneurial individuals: what are these rare birds made of?
Transferring technology from university to rural industry within a developing economy context: The case for nurturing communities of practice Ramesh Sawant: Story of an Entrepreneur’s Journey without the Map1
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020