The relationship between entrepreneurial orientation and speed to the market: The case of incubator firms in Norway
August 23, 2012 Editor 0
Publication year: 2012
Source:Technovation, Volume 32, Issues 9–10
Tommy Clausen, Tor Korneliussen
Incubators and incubator firms work to promote the development and commercialization of technology and products. This study shows that entrepreneurial orientation can help achieve this aim. Using survey data from incubator firms, we show that entrepreneurial orientation has a statistically significant positive effect on ability to bring technology and products quickly to the market. This finding is important for managers of incubator firms and managers of incubators alike as they have a common interest in speed to the market. An implication of our study is that managers of incubators should try to enhance the entrepreneurial orientation of the incubator firms.
► Speed to the market is important for new technology based firms located in incubators. ► The paper examines to what extent entrepreneurial orientation is related to speed to the market. ► Survey data and regression analysis are used to examine this relationship. ► Entrepreneurial orientation has a statistically significant positive effect on speed to the market.
- UGA researchers develop rapid diagnostic test for pathogens, contaminants
- NEW SOIL TESTING KIT FOR THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES
- How to build a sustainable competitiveness platform?
- Biodiversity protection needs community input
- UGA scientists ‘hijack’ bacterial immune system
- Crowdsourcing Campaign: How can ICT help to end poverty in your country?
Transferring technology from university to rural industry within a developing economy context: The case for nurturing communities of practice Ramesh Sawant: Story of an Entrepreneur’s Journey without the Map1
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021