USAID launches Development Innovation Ventures
August 19, 2012 Editor 0
Development Innovation Ventures (DIV) aims to find and support breakthrough solutions to the world’s most important development challenges—interventions with the power to change millions of lives at a fraction of the usual cost. Through our grant program DIV invests in these game-changing ideas, rigorously testing them using cutting-edge analytical methods, and scales solutions that prove they work.
Recognizing that good ideas can come from anywhere, DIV accepts proposals from any organization, working in any USAID-active country, with a development solution that is several times more cost effective than current best practice.
Visit the DIV website to learn about the staged grant program and how to apply.
- Four Challenges with USAID’s Grand Challenges for Development
- Supporting an open source approach to development
- USAID Global Development Lab Supported Projects Catalog
- Using Open Innovation to combat Ebola
- Top 5 Hardware Challenges in Information Technology for Development
- USAID steps up its science efforts
Subscribe to our stories
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019
- Why Do Foreign Investors’ Attitudes toward Women Matter? May 28, 2019
- When less is more: coordinating innovation in open versus closed source software development May 28, 2019
- Social entrepreneurship: an emerging market perspective, some fresh evidence from Ghana May 28, 2019
- Influence of personal traits on social entrepreneurship intention: an empirical study related to Tunisia May 28, 2019