Developing a Corporate Knowledge Management Strategy
August 19, 2012 Editor 0
Purpose – The purpose of this paper is to explore the development of a Knowledge Management Strategy at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and how this was used to improve the activities of the payments system processes of the Bank.
Design/methodology/approach – Literature research and a case study were used.Findings – The need to align KM Strategy with Business Strategy was identified as critical to the success of KM. It was discovered that focusing KM on the payments system process areas helped create value and drive business results. A combined approach of codification and personalization was adopted for the KM program of CBN. The strategy adopted involved using a two-pronged approach of Communities of Practice and a functional portal to drive knowledge management. The paper identified that this strategy is adding value to the organization and increasing knowledge flows across a dispersed and distributed work environment.
Originality/value – Knowledge management in large public sector organizations in Africa is not common. Equally, KM in regulatory financial institutions like Central Banks in Africa is not very common. This paper highlights the challenges of implementing a KM program in a distributed, dispersed and networked public sector organization with thirty six branches serving a population of 160 million people in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Go to Source
- The use of a hybrid latent class approach to identify consumer segments and market potential for organic products in Nigeria
- Towards reinforcing telemedicine adoption amongst clinicians in Nigeria.
- Conceptual overview of social entrepreneurship and its relevance to Nigeria’s third sector
- Effects of Policies on Yam Production and Consumption in Nigeria
- The place of human capital development in today’s economy: further evidence from Nigeria
- Why Nigeria Matters to the World
Categories: Knowledge Management
Subscribe to our stories
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020
- SME Innovation: 10 Priorities for Support Post-COVID-19 July 7, 2020