Teams as a Process for Knowledge Management
August 18, 2012 Editor 0
Purpose – Within the expansive body of literature on knowledge management, very little research is found that examines the use of teams as a sub-process for knowledge management. This article addresses this limitation by providing a theoretical framework that examines the similarities between the benefits of incorporating teams into the workplace and incorporating knowledge management principles. Recognizing that knowledge management has several critical dimensions, the framework that ties workplace teams to each of these knowledge management dimensions is built. Knowledge management and teams in the workplace are viewed at the individual, team and organizational level of analysis.
Design/methodology/approach – This is a conceptual paper. This paper reviews current literature on teams and matches the functions of teams to those of knowledge management critical dimensions as outlined by Argote et al. (2003): knowledge management context and knowledge management outcomes.
Findings – This paper identifies the deficit in current literature by placing teams as a sub-process for knowledge management. Additionally, this paper identifies the benefits teams can have on an organization within the knowledge management process.Originality/value – This research contributes to the field by offering a framework that can serve to further the research on utilizing teams as a sub-process to knowledge management. Teams are identified as a sub-process to the knowledge management process within an organizational framework.
Go to Source
- Building Socially-Aware E-Learning Systems Through Knowledge Management
- Innovation governance – Practice Before you Preach
- Supporting creativity through knowledge integration during the creative processes. A management control system perspective
- Make Agility Part of Your Process
- Manage Implementation of Open Innovation Strategy
- Creative Thinking: Processes, Strategies, and Knowledge
Categories: Knowledge Management
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018