Intellectual Capital Transformation Evaluating Model
August 17, 2012 Editor 0
Purpose – This paper presents a framework that is developed for analysis of intellectual capital transformation into companies’ value, including an identification of the key factors of this process.
Design/methodology/approach – The paper employs intellectual capital on the intersection of value-based management (VBM) and the resource-based view (RBV). Starting from a review of the results provided in the literature regarding intellectual capital (IC) evaluation and its link with firm performance, a system of proxy indicators related to IC transformation in both concepts has been designed. The evaluation ability of the developed model was justified using regression analyses. Findings – A detailed algorithm for intellectual capital evaluation in terms of input–outcome transformation. The Intellectual Capital Transformation Evaluating Model (ICTEM) provides a holistic view of intellectual resources as companies’ strategic investments. Research limitations/implications – The paper emphasizes that the ICTEM framework could be mostly applied for the analysis of a firm as a typical representative of the industry or the country. In that sense it is not applicable for specific feature analysis of a company. Practical implications – The paper highlights the ICTEM as a tool of investment decisions, mostly taking into account common trends, the prospects of industries, and economies’ development. Originality/value – The ICTEM provides the ostensive framework of intellectual capital transformation analysis using a statistical approach.
Go to Source
- The Formative Years of Gbenga Sesan: Nigerian ICT Legend
- Open data can drive partnerships with government
- Intellectual capital versus the book value of assets: a value-relevance comparison based on productivity measures.
- Why Innovation is so Hard for Leaders
- Seminar: Open Innovation and Corporate Entrepreneurship
- New Research: Flexibility Versus Face Time
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020