Calling all ICT Innovators: Orange African Social Venture Prize Info Session
August 17, 2012 Editor 0
Orange has launched the second edition of its Orange African Social Venture Prize.
The African Social Venture Prize will reward three projects or enterprises addressing needs of the ‘bottom of pyramid’ market in Africa through technology. The 3 winners will receive a financial grant (25K€, 15K€, 10K€) and they will also benefit from a 6-month mentoring by management experts. More information here.
Ms Angela Nganga-Mumo, Telkom Kenya’s chief communications officer will on Tuesday August 21, 2012, be making a presentation about the 2012 Orange Africa Social Venture Prize from 5.30pm to 7 pm at the iHub, Nairobi.
The presentation, targeted at ICT innovators and tech-preneurs drawn from within and outside iHub, is meant to create awareness about and encourage the innovators to submit entries for the 2012 Social Venture Prize as well as the potential benefits.
Register here to attend the event.
- Microsoft BizSpark program for Startups
- IBM Research – Africa @ Nairobi Research Buzz
- Startup Showcase: Mateeshoh
- The future delivered today: Lesson learnt from Transform Africa Summit 2013 in Rwanda
- #AskWaikenda at the iHub on 14th November at 6pm
- Affordable business training for entrepreneurs and community members at iHub
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021