How to Fail
August 14, 2012 Editor 0
In the world of startups, we love to talk about success. How hard folks worked and how well they did. How we came up with that amazing idea and how we raised millions in venture capital/grant funding.
Not enough time, however, is dedicated to the discussion around failure – the really truly bad ideas we came up with, or how significantly we went wrong. On Monday 13th August, from 6-8pm, Jimmy Gitonga (@afrowave) and Conrad Akunga (@roomthinker) will be leading a discussion on failure – on their worst ideas and business plans, and what failure taught them.
Conrad Akunga (middle) and Jimmy Gitonga (Extreme Right) with Entrepreneurs at the iHub
Sometimes, failure is just what we need to learn.
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019