Kundan jewellery and design – a research agenda for SME jewellery manufacturers
August 7, 2012 Editor 0
Jewellery making industry has gone through a rapid transformation in recent years and fine jewellery that so far was only for the economically well placed became affordable by middle class. With the advent pressures of globalisation and changes in technology, medium and small-scale jewellery units have realised that they also need to scientifically understand the subject of jewellery design and manufacturing for gaining competitiveness.
Indian jewellery was seldom studied with a scientific point of view where sound and mathematical interpretation of articles under observation were possible. Studies so, far were limited to documentation of existing pieces, family heirlooms and collection of royalty published in form of photographic documentation. Based on scientific approach, the present study attempts to explore the subject of Kundan jewellery design.
Various jewellery design sources ranging from books and periodicals on one end to visiting trade fairs and exhibitions were explored in initial phases to get an overall view of the scenario. As an outcome, the paper provides a systematic documentation to small and medium jewellery manufacturing units about the process of Kundan jewellery and provides rich implications and research directions in the field of Kundan jewellery.
Go to Source
- South Africa: Landing a Job in Digital in 2014
- Integrating Technology, Management and Marketing Innovation through Open Innovation Models
- Guess Which Communications Platform Youth Prefer Today?
- Africa: The Case for Boosting Africa’s Knowledge Ecosystem
- Family Business: How to Spot a Problem Patriarch
- Constructing a multilevel spatial approach in ethnic entrepreneurship studies
Tags: Kundan jewellery design
Enhancing interfirm relationship and performance through internet driven management of knowledge processes An empirical study on the contribution of lean practices to environmental performance of the manufacturing firms in northern region of Malaysia
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021