Kundan jewellery and design – a research agenda for SME jewellery manufacturers
August 7, 2012 Editor 0
Jewellery making industry has gone through a rapid transformation in recent years and fine jewellery that so far was only for the economically well placed became affordable by middle class. With the advent pressures of globalisation and changes in technology, medium and small-scale jewellery units have realised that they also need to scientifically understand the subject of jewellery design and manufacturing for gaining competitiveness.
Indian jewellery was seldom studied with a scientific point of view where sound and mathematical interpretation of articles under observation were possible. Studies so, far were limited to documentation of existing pieces, family heirlooms and collection of royalty published in form of photographic documentation. Based on scientific approach, the present study attempts to explore the subject of Kundan jewellery design.
Various jewellery design sources ranging from books and periodicals on one end to visiting trade fairs and exhibitions were explored in initial phases to get an overall view of the scenario. As an outcome, the paper provides a systematic documentation to small and medium jewellery manufacturing units about the process of Kundan jewellery and provides rich implications and research directions in the field of Kundan jewellery.
Go to Source
- Multidimensional crop improvement research on grain legumes in Ethiopia
- The Biggest Benefit of Crowdfunding Isn’t the Money
- Stretching Your Global Mindset
- Launching *iHub R’s New Data Science and Visualization Lab
- Africa: Student Inventors Win U.S. Funds to Bring Ideas to Market
- How to create a Swarm cluster with Docker
Tags: Kundan jewellery design
Enhancing interfirm relationship and performance through internet driven management of knowledge processes An empirical study on the contribution of lean practices to environmental performance of the manufacturing firms in northern region of Malaysia
Subscribe to our stories
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020
- SME Innovation: 10 Priorities for Support Post-COVID-19 July 7, 2020