An empirical study on the contribution of lean practices to environmental performance of the manufacturing firms in northern region of Malaysia
August 7, 2012 Editor 0
Nowadays, environmental issues receive an increasing global attention which eventually leads to questions on how to integrate environmental issues with business operations and strategy. Despite the importance of lean manufacturing in providing environmental benefits to organisations, little is known about the effect of lean practices on environmental performance of the firms. The purpose of this study is to investigate the effect of lean practices in different functional areas of manufacturing firms on environmental performance. A quantitative survey methodology was adopted to collect data from 445 manufacturing firms in northern region of Malaysia. The data were analysed based on 101 usable responses.
The results of the survey indicate that lean practice related to functional areas of process and equipment, human resource, product design and customer satisfaction have positive effect on environmental outcomes. The implications of the findings and suggestions for future research are discussed at the end of research.
Go to Source
- Ethical decision-making and grassroots diplomacy for social entrepreneurs: concepts, methodologies and cases
- Are These 6 Steps All That’s Needed to Ensure Digital Inclusion?
- From outsourcing to Open Innovation: a case study in the oil industry
- Recognize Intrapreneurs Before They Leave
- Socio-Technological Characterization of Goat Industry at Tamarugal Province in Atacama Desert
- WPI professor wins Catalyst Award for innovative design for grid storage batteries
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021