Greater Digital Citizen Participation
August 6, 2012 Editor 0
Online dialogue on Physical spaces as catalysts for greater digital citizen participation
Join Rising Voices, Social Media Exchange (SMEX) and the New Tactics online community for an online dialogue on Physical spaces as catalysts for greater digital citizen participation from August 8 to 14, 2012. (Link to dialogue: goo.gl/1R9Mw)
Across the globe, new physical spaces are emerging that are acting as catalysts for greater citizen participation using digital technologies. Telecenters are going beyond providing computer access to communities, to providing workshops to train citizens on how to use digital technology effectively to promote change. Hacklabs offer a physical space where activists and technologists can come together to find innovative solutions to local problems. These are just a few examples of the innovative use of physical space to encourage and empower greater digital citizen participation!
How can you participate?
This online dialogue is open to anyone interested in sharing their experiences and ideas on this topic! All you need to do is join the New Tactics online community by going to https://www.newtactics.org/user/register and add your comments to the dialogue.
Although the internet has provided new ways for people to work together virtually, people are finding complementary energy from working face-to-face. Mobilizers and mentors for users of these spaces have a commitment to see their local communities become more active through the use of digital tools. This dialogue is an opportunity to exchange innovative examples of how these physical spaces are being used as catalysts for greater citizen participation. Join us on August 8!
For help, visit these FAQs:
How to register for an account on the New Tactics website: goo.gl/QyI6C
How to participate in an online dialogue: goo.gl/eSNo9
Link to dialogue: goo.gl/1R9MwFor more info, visit www.newtactics.org
If you have trouble, contact Kristin Antin, the New Tactics Online Community Builder, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019