Greater Digital Citizen Participation
August 6, 2012 Editor 0
Online dialogue on Physical spaces as catalysts for greater digital citizen participation
Join Rising Voices, Social Media Exchange (SMEX) and the New Tactics online community for an online dialogue on Physical spaces as catalysts for greater digital citizen participation from August 8 to 14, 2012. (Link to dialogue: goo.gl/1R9Mw)
Across the globe, new physical spaces are emerging that are acting as catalysts for greater citizen participation using digital technologies. Telecenters are going beyond providing computer access to communities, to providing workshops to train citizens on how to use digital technology effectively to promote change. Hacklabs offer a physical space where activists and technologists can come together to find innovative solutions to local problems. These are just a few examples of the innovative use of physical space to encourage and empower greater digital citizen participation!
How can you participate?
This online dialogue is open to anyone interested in sharing their experiences and ideas on this topic! All you need to do is join the New Tactics online community by going to https://www.newtactics.org/user/register and add your comments to the dialogue.
Although the internet has provided new ways for people to work together virtually, people are finding complementary energy from working face-to-face. Mobilizers and mentors for users of these spaces have a commitment to see their local communities become more active through the use of digital tools. This dialogue is an opportunity to exchange innovative examples of how these physical spaces are being used as catalysts for greater citizen participation. Join us on August 8!
For help, visit these FAQs:
How to register for an account on the New Tactics website: goo.gl/QyI6C
How to participate in an online dialogue: goo.gl/eSNo9
Link to dialogue: goo.gl/1R9MwFor more info, visit www.newtactics.org
If you have trouble, contact Kristin Antin, the New Tactics Online Community Builder, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Setting the standard for sustainable bioenergy crops
- Review of sheep crossbreeding in Ethiopia
- An insight into agri-food supply chains: a review
- Africa: Airtel Rolls Out Mobile HD Voice Service in Africa
- Liberia: Pres. Sirleaf Nudges Liberian Businesses to Be Innovative
- Building the Global Innovation Economy
Tags: dialogue on Physical spaces as catalysts, greater citizen participation, greater digital citizen participation, online dialogue on Physical spaces, Tactics online community
Building a Vibrant Ruby Community In Brazil, a Break Through Investment Model in Affordable Housing
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 836 views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 817 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 782 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 744 views